Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This Little Wallflower

I am what some would call a "wallflower." I much prefer to be on the sidelines (actually, somewhere at the top of the stands.) I really don't want to stand out or be noticed. Sometimes I feel like a coward. Even with this blog, I am able to hide in the anonymity of the internet. If someone chanced upon this, they wouldn't have a clue who I am.

So why am I baring my soul to all of you and letting you in on some of my most personal thoughts and struggles?

In Acts 1:8, Jesus says, " 'You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.' "

So what does this have to do with me? Well, this is my testimony. I'm trying to show everyone how God can transform a life. How He can take a poor, wretched creature like myself and find the beautiful in me. And how He can use even me, the pitiful wallflower that I am. Through the power of the internet, these words have the potential to reach people, to touch them. They can traverse the distances and go to the ends of the earth. I already know I have one loyal follower in Japan.

I am not ashamed of my faith in the Lord God Almighty. He has rescued me and set me free. I want others to see Jesus in me. I don't want to be the wallflower in this. I want to shine with His glory. I want others to say, "Wow. I want what she has."

God is healing me, day by day. Thank you, Jehovah-rapha!! You are the Healer and I praise Your mighty name!

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't read the book "Captivating" by John and Staci Eldredge yet, then you should! I'm about to read it again. If you have or want to read it along with me, its a great book to discuss with someone. :) I love you! ~Audra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had a chance to read that yet, but I want to. It's in my stack! I have so many books that I'm reading and not nearly enough time. I never thought I would say that. I promise I'll make it the next one I read. =)

    ReplyDelete